Topline Laminated Glass is produced by bonding permanently 2 or more layers of glass together with one or more interlayer of durable and flexible flim of transparent and tough PVB (Polyvinyl Butyral) through a healing and pressing process. The end product is a long lasting and high performance superior building material with outstanding features and great safety. It makes a perfect choice whenever safety glazing material is considered. It can also provide solutions to wide variety of architectural design opportunities and challenges.
The glass when broken does not shatter or fall out of its frame. Its fragments remain firmly bonded onto the interlayer film minimizing the risk of injury to people and properties.
It offers greater protection for lives and properties compared to other glass products. The broken Topline Laminated Glass is not so easily penetrated by forced entry and this serves as a deterrent to burglars and petty thieves. A multilayered glass lamination can be bullet resistant.
Topline Laminated Glass helps to damp noise transmission due to the effective use of the PVB interlayer as illutrated in the comparison chart of Sound Transmission Loss graph.
Tinted Topline Laminated Glass with colored PVB can reduce solar heat transmittance from sunlight which lowers air conditioning energy consumption and costs.
It can screen out UV damaging rays into building to prevent deterioration and fading of curtains, furnishings, displays and artworks.
DESIGN & INSTALLATION VERSATILITY
The use of colored PVB with combination of decorative material can create a wide range of pleasing design aesthetics. Topline Laminated Glass is simple to install, unlike tempered glass, it can be cut to size on site.
STABILITY & DURABILITY
It is durable, maintaining its color, strength and other attributes for the life of the buildings, and is as easily cleaned as normal glass.
- Overhead Glazing, Skylights, Glass roofs, Canopies.
- High security, e.g. Banks, Government buildings, Embassies and Armored vehicles.
- High-rise buildings, Apartments, Airport terminals and Private residences.
- Goldsmith showcases, Bank teller machines, Money changer and Acoustic glass.
- Exterior and decorative claddings, e.g. Curtain walls, building facades and wall claddings.
- Public transport - buses, trains, mass rapid transit systems.
- Insulating glass units, ice skating rings, animal observatory windows and aquariums.
Sub-category of Laminated Glass
Topline SENTRY+ ionoplast interlayers help create lighter, safer, more structural glass that can stand up to greater loads and higher threat levels. Taking advantage of the interlayer’s extra rigidity and toughness, structural glass systems - from floors and stairs to balcony rails and minimally supported glass canopies - can enjoy new design freedom. Topline SENTRY+ interlayer is five times stronger and up to 100 times stiffer than conventional laminating materials. With this kind of strength the glass can be a more active structural element in the building envelope, opening up design possibilities that didn’t exist before.
- Lighter glass weight achievable: up to 50% compared to traditional laminated glass.
- Higher strength compared to traditional laminated glass over wide temperature range.
- Higher durability: open edges application possible and optimal sealant compatibility.
- Enhanced post-breakage behavior: the glass fragment are kept together by the interlayer and the structure will stay in place.
- Low-iron, Ultra-clear Safety Glazing: Because of its outstanding clarity, SENTRY+ lets architects and designers realize their ultimate vision in low-iron safety glass. For the first time, designers can specify low-iron, laminated safety glass, and get the full clarity they were looking for.
- Resistant to natural and man-made threats.
- Enhanced transparency.
- Hurricane resistant windows, doors and skylights
- Bomb blast resistant windows, doors and facades
- Structural glass flooring, stairs, walkways and pedestrian bridges
- Minimally supported and open-edge railings, facades and canopies
- New chemistry: non-plasticized interlayer
- Enhanced rigidity: 100 times greater than PVB
- Enhanced tear strength: 5 times greater than PVB
- Excellent optical properties: high clarity
- Retains performance over wide temperature range
- Excellent edge stability
- Structural interlayer, originally developed for the hurricane market