(Insulating Glass Unit)
Topline Double Glazing Unit (DGU) or Insulating Glass Unit is the assembly of two pieces of glass, adheres firmly between a desiccant (drying agent) filled aluminium spacer bar and sealed permanently along its perimeter with a secondary silicone sealant.
The enclosed compartment of dry air between the two glass panes in the double glazing unit provides considerably better insulating capability. The load on air conditioning is enormously reduced, resulting in significant energy saving. The use of reflective glass will further cut the load on the cooling system. This helps to create a pleasant and comfortable working environment.
PREVENTION OF DEW CONDENSATION
Condensation of dew will occur if single glazing glass is installed with large temperature difference between hot exterior and cool interior. However, insulating glass unit eliminates the dew formation.
Topline Double Glazing Units also provide sound damping ability. It cuts down external ambient noise transmission.
It enhance the beautiful outlook of a building which allows design flexibility with combinations of varying type of glass to suit requirements. Use of decorative Georgian Bar profiles in DGU for windows & doors gives added beauty to a building with style.
- Office buildings, fashionable buildings, hospitals, hotels with exceptional high heating and cooling requirements.
- Petrol kiosks, private houses.
- Buildings and rooms that require strict temperature and humidity controls, such as computer rooms, laboratories and storage chamber.
- Airport control towers, racing circuit viewing galleries, buildings along roads and railways to help noise reduction.
- Refrigerator doors to prevent condensation.
- Meeting rooms.
Examples of DGU Configuration
- Keep the Double Glazing Units indoors in a well-ventilated place, away from direct sunlight when storing on-site.
- Always keep indoors as shown in the diagram below when storing for a long period of time.
Solar Energy Heat Balance Diagram
- Install STRICTLY according to the standard method of installation.
- Determine a suitable SASH with a wide and deep groove that is strong enough to hold installation, it must not have uneven surface.
- Ascertain sash with HOLES for water drainage with its groove thoroughly cleaned.
- The use of DARK COLOURED GLASS or WIRED GLASS on safety glass for exterior glazing is not recommended, this may lead to thermal cracks & breakages.
- Always store Safety Glass indoors in a ventilated place on a 90° storage rack as shown in the diagram below, especially for Double Glazing Units.